The Puget Sound Premier League offers opportunities for top players from U8 to U18 to improve their technique and boost their exposure to college and national team scouts! Player pools are selected for U12 to U18 boys and girls teams at tryouts in October, December and January. Best players are selected to represent the league and the state of Washington in US Club Soccer PDP regional events and in national showcase tournaments. Players can train monthly, twice-monthly or weekly depending on the program and the competitive cycle.
What are the Benefits?
- Development and growth as a player.
- The opportunity to train and play with the best player’s in a particular age group.
- Superb and thoughtful training from nationally licensed coaches.
- Quality competition. Games against other state US Club PDP teams as well as nationally ranked teams in showcase tournaments.
- Exposure to regional and national team coaches through US Club’s id2 and PDP events.
- The opportunity to represent the league and the state of Washington in national competitions.
- More exposure to college coaches.
Key program features:
- Exposure to US Club Soccer PDP & id2 events.
- Minimum of twice-monthly training/scrimmages.
- Regional and national showcase tournaments.
- College preparation & information sessions.
- College ID camps.
- Training/tournament schedule designed around club commitments.
- Top coaching staff — nationally certifed.
PSPL Academy Development Program:
- Ages U8-U11.
- Open to all levels.
- Players identified and grouped by ability.
- High-intensity technical training that focuses on fundamental technique.
- Weekly training.
- Small-group practice sessions.
- Nationally certified coaches
- Follow progessive training curriculum
- Sessions begin Spring 2014.
PSPL Academy Program Costs:
- Tryouts: $25 per player. Advance registration required.
- Program cost: $700 per player.
- Development Academy cost: TBD.
- Eight months for U12 to U14.
- Ten months for U15 to U18.
- Nine months for Development Academy.
- Training and tryout dates will be the same for both groups of players.
- Eddie Henderson, Academy Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Axelson, Academy program administrator: email@example.com